1. On which side of the road should I drive in Arrecife?
In Arrecife, as in the rest of Spain, you should drive on the right-hand side of the road.
2. What is the speed limit in Arrecife?
The general speed limit in urban areas like Arrecife is 50 km/h. However, some roads may have different limits, so always check for road signs.
3. Are there many speed cameras in Arrecife?
Speed cameras are used in Arrecife, and throughout Spain, to enforce speed limits. The best advice is to always adhere to the speed limit.
4. Do I need an International Driving Permit to drive in Arrecife?
If you are a visitor from outside the European Union, you may need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in Arrecife and other parts of Spain. You should also carry your national driving license.
5. Are there tolls on the roads in Arrecife?
There are generally no toll roads in Arrecife or the island of Lanzarote.
6. Is it mandatory to have a spare tire in the car?
In Spain, it's not mandatory to carry a spare tire. However, if you have a puncture and don't replace it, you'll be fined. It's recommended to have a spare tire or puncture repair kit.
7. Do I need to carry any particular documentation when driving?
When driving in Arrecife, you need to have your driving license, car's registration document, and insurance document with you at all times.
8. Do cars in Arrecife have the steering wheel on the left or the right?
Cars in Arrecife, like in the rest of Spain, have the steering wheel on the left as you drive on the right side of the road.
9. What are peak traffic hours in Arrecife that I should be aware of?
Peak traffic hours in Arrecife are typically between 7:30-9:00 AM and 6:00-8:00 PM on weekdays.
10. Are there any particular driving rules in Arrecife I should be aware of?
You should acquaint yourself with Spain's general driving rules as these apply in Arrecife. Also, note that no right turn on red is allowed unless otherwise indicated.
11. What´s the legal age to drive a car in Arrecife?
The minimum age to drive a car in Spain, including Arrecife, is 18 years old.
12. Are pedestrian crossings common in Arrecife?
Pedestrian crossings are common and drivers are required to yield to pedestrians.
13. Is parking easy in Arrecife?
Arrecife is a popular place, so parking can be difficult in central locations during peak seasons. Be sure to follow any signposted parking restrictions.
14. Is road signage in Arrecife clear and universally understandable?
Most road signage in Arrecife is standardized according to international conventions and should be understandable to foreign drivers. Signs are in Spanish, so it might be helpful to learn some basic terms.
15. Are roundabouts common in Arrecife and how should they be approached?
Roundabouts are common in Arrecife. You should always yield to drivers coming from the left and signal before leaving the roundabout.